bow tie pasta (or other favourite)
2+ tbsp (30+ ml) olive oil
2+ tsp (10+ ml) butter
2+ garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder (optional)
handful of fresh basil, chopped – just before adding so it doesn’t wilt and brown
1+ cooked chicken breasts, diced – I pulled one from the freezer that was leftover from another meal, worked perfect
1+ tomato, cut in small chunks
1+ cup (250+ ml) freshly grated asiago or parmesan cheese
kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prepare ingredients as noted, including pasta according to package directions (leftover pasta would likely work well for this recipe too).
- In a deep dish frying pan over medium heat, saute garlic in olive oil and butter.
- Shortly after butter is melted and before garlic browns, add the cooked and drained pasta to the pan along with the chicken, basil and most of the asiago cheese (leave just enough cheese to sprinkle over pasta at the end).
- Mix everything together and season lightly with salt, pepper and garlic powder (optional).
- Continue stirring periodically.
- When cheese is fully melted add the tomato chunks. Leave over heat for another minute or so before transferring to a serving dish or individual plates.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and serve.