Use as many or as few veggies as you desire for this dish. A great way to use up vegetables that may be close to the end of their life (still good but not so pretty :^). Be careful not to overcook – vegetables should be crisp though cooked when pulled from the oven. Here’s a pretty standard mix. Any leftovers work great pureed for soup stock or gravy or added to home made soup as is.
2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
2 – 4 garlic cloves, crushed
kosher or sea salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 zucchini, large chunks
10 asparagus spears, halved
4 carrots, sliced into thin strips
2 cups (500 ml) mushrooms, sliced
1 pepper (red, yellow, orange and/or green), thick strips
1 red or white onion, cut into chunks or thin strips
Other options include: baby bok choy, broccoli, baby corn cobs, cauliflower, green onions, ginger, etc.
- Prepare vegetables and cut into bite size pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix everything together and place on a large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Midway through stir to prevent burning.
- Serve immediately. (Freeze leftovers as is or pureed for adding to soup stock, gravy, etc.)
Serves 2 to 4