A delicious Thai style recipe that is easy to prepare and flavourful. The idea for this dish is from the Pad Thai restaurant in Pitt Meadows BC.
2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, thinly sliced
2 tbsp (30 ml) grapeseed or vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh ginger, grated
4 tbsp (60 ml) oyster sauce
2 tbsp (30 ml) fish sauce
2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
1+ tsp (5+ ml) sugar, or to taste
1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh ginger, thinly sliced
2 cups (500 ml) mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup (125 ml) green onions, cut in 1” pieces
1/2 cup (125 ml) thinly sliced white, red or yellow onion
2 cups (500 ml) peppers (red, green, yellow …), thinly sliced
1 cup (250 ml) finely chopped fresh basil (leave to last minute to chop)
- Prepare ingredients as noted. Set aside.
- Combine oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Set aside.
- Add oil to deep dish frying pan or Wok. Heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken, crushed garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next add sliced ginger, mushrooms, onions and peppers along with half of sauce mixture. Sauté until chicken and veggies are cooked – not overcooked – veggies should still be crisp and chicken will cook fast. Add additional sauce as needed – some may be left over.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice garnished with fresh basil strips.