A simple and tasty hummus made without tahini. Great with cut up pita, fresh veggies, crackers, etc.
Ingredients for Hummus:
- 1 can (19 oz – 540 ml) chickpeas, drained
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 3+ garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tsp (20 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chili powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cumin
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Preparation Steps for Hummus:
- In a food processor, blend ingredients together.
- Set aside for an hour or more for seasonings to permeate, or dig in right away.