This simple to prepare scalloped potatoes and ham recipe is delicious – and its made in a slow cooker! It comes from my sister Linda.
2 cups (500 ml) cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) milk
black pepper to taste
- Prepare ingredients as noted.
- Set the potatoes in water until ready to put in slow cooker.
- Prepare the sauce (roue) in a pot or frying pan on the stove by melting butter, adding flour, slowly adding chicken broth, then milk and finally cheddar cheese and pepper.
- Layer 1/2 of the ham, then potatoes, repeat the process with the remaining 1/2 of the ham and then potatoes. Pour the sauce over the works and cover with the slow cooker lid.
- Turn slow cooker on low for about 8 hours (a little longer won’t hurt) and one final hour on high. Can be cooked on high in 5 or so hours.