This simple and tasty recipe was inspired by Holy Basil Chicken. A seasoning package, found at the Pad Thai Restaurant in Pitt Meadows, BC.
Serve over plain rice or stir fried rice.
Ingredients for Thai Basil Garlic Chicken
Basil Cooking Sauce –
2 tbsp (30 ml) grapeseed or vegetable oil
2 cups (500 ml) fresh basil leaves
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small onion, thinly sliced or diced
1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
2 1/2 tbsp (37.5 ml) sugar
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) hot chili powder
2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, thinly sliced
2 cups (500 ml) or so of diced zucchini
1 cup (250 ml) or so of diced red pepper
2 cups (500 ml) or so of mushrooms chunks
How to prepare Thai Basil Garlic Chicken
- Prepare ingredients as noted.
- In a food processor blend ingredients for ‘Basil Cooking Sauce’ together.
- Pour Basil Cooking Sauce into a deep dish frying pan over medium heat.
- Saute sauce over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add chicken to sauce and saute for a few minutes until just done.
- As the chicken is thinly sliced it will cook quickly. Once done, remove chicken (not sauce) to a side dish.
- Next add zucchini, red pepper and mushrooms to remaining sauce in the frying pan and saute for a few minutes.
- Add chicken back to veggies and saute for a few more minutes before serving over a bed of rice.
Serves 3 – 4