We had family coming for dinner and the only veggies in the fridge were lettuce and three peppers (red, yellow and green). I decided to try something different when I realized I also had pineapple in my pantry.
Do you ever just kind of ‘know’ something will work – even when it doesn’t sound like it will? I had one of those moments with the peppers and pineapple. The salad was quite delicious. Here’s a rough idea (sorry, I didn’t measure) how it all came together . . .
1 yellow pepper, 1 red pepper and 1 green pepper – seeded and thinly sliced then cut in half
1 can of pineapple chunks – cut the pineapple chunks in half, or not – reserve the liquid
feta cheese, crumbled and tossed through – a bit more for on top and presentation
Dressing – (amounts approximate)
2 parts rice wine vinegar
1 part olive oil
1 part pineapple juice
sugar, if needed, to add a bit more sweetness
- Prepare the veggies and pineapple and toss in a salad bowl.
- Prepare the dressing and shake well to blend.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss through, about one hour before dinner.
- Before serving add feta cheese and toss through.
- Add a bit of feta cheese to top of salad for presentation.
- Serve and enjoy
Serves 2 – 4