Thanks to Fran Beaver for asking about Chocolate Macaroons! These are SO simple to make … maybe 15 minutes (at most) to put together and 15 minutes in the oven! Add more sugar if you like them really sweet.
3 egg whites
1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar (or more if you liked them sweeter)
1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) salt
1/4 cup (60 ml) cocoa, good quality
6 oz of semi-sweet chocolate (3 packages), melted
2 cups (500 ml) coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip 3 egg whites with sugar and salt.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave – 30 second bursts with a quick stir after each burst – until chocolate is melted.
- Mix cocoa in with chocolate (it will be quite thick).
- Add egg whites mixture into cocoa and beat until ingredients are well mixed together.
- Mix in coconut.
- Spoon onto a parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool.