This started out to be Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries with Chocolate Drizzle from BudgetSavvyDiva.com BUUUTTTTT most of the local (and delicious) strawberries I bought on the weekend were a bit too soft to work well with the recipe.
Instead, I changed things up a bit and came up with the following recipe that we all (my in-laws, my husband and me) loved!
Finding a good name was tougher than making the recipe (ideas are welcome!! :^)
This recipe is so easy it’s almost dangerous! It’s way to easy to whip this up any old time you might feel like it, assuming the ingredients are on hand.
4 oz (125 ml) cream cheese (low fat works), room temperature
1/4 cup (60 ml) icing sugar
1/8 tsp (1.25 ml) vanilla
4 oz (125 ml) whipping cream
1/4 cup (60 ml) dark or milk chocolate, melted (chocolate chips work)
2 cups (500 ml) strawberries and/or raspberries and/or blueberries (seasonal or frozen should work), whole or sliced, as appropriate (rinse and pat dry first)
- Mix the cream cheese and icing sugar together.
- Add vanilla to cream mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Whip the whipping cream and add to cheese mixture, a spoonful at a time so the texture stays creamy (rather than lumpy :^).
- Melt the chocolate.
- In a dessert dish or bowl:
- divide about 2/3 of the cheesecake mixture to each of the bowls
- layer fruit evenly into each bowl
- top fruit with remaining cheesecake mixture
- drizzle melted chocolate over top
- refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours or until you’re ready to serve – cover if longer than 3 horus
Serves 3 to 4 people