Preparing Sweet and Sour Pork is easy and the results of the recipe are delicious!
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 2 to 4 pork chops, or a pork tenderloin roast sliced into thickness desired or into stew size chunks
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) regular mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ketchup
- 2/3 cup (165 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
How to Prepare Sweet and Sour Pork:
- Mix sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan/skillet. (A pan/skillet that is oven proof with oven proof lid works, although it may be tougher to clean.)
- When oil is heated, place each piece of pork in pan and season lightly with garlic powder.
- Lightly sear/brown each side of the pork, then add sauce to pan and heat through.
- Once sauce is heated, transfer to oven proof dish or leave in oven proof frying pan/skillet, cover and place in oven.
- Bake for roughly 20 to 30 minutes, until pork is cooked through and tender.
- Serve over rice or with a side dish like Lo Mein.