A friend recently introduced me to chocolate chip cookies made with chickpeas. They were so good I decided to try whipping up some brownies made with chickpeas. I also used some ground flax … but no flour. These delicious chickpea brownies are the result!
They are sweet but not too sweet as I like to cut back on the sugar in baking. If you like things a bit sweeter increase the sugar or the Stevia
Ingredients for delicious Brownies made with chickpeas
- 13 ounces (398 ml) canned chick peas, drained and rinsed in cold water
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) ground flax
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- Stevia equivalent to 1/6+ cup (40+ ml) sugar (or increase the sugar by this amount)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dark, good quality, cocoa
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) full fat coconut milk
Options: add chocolate chips and/or nuts
Preparing delicious Brownies made with chickpeas
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender, until well mixed and smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a parchment covered, 9″ by 9″ cake pan.
- Bake for apx. 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
These brownies made with chickpeas are delicious warm or cold.