An easy to prepare and flavourful main course, served with a salad, or appetizer. One the kids are sure to like and better for them (not deep fried). Serve with the Mayo Honey Mustard Sauce recipe below or with your favourite homemade or store bought dip.
2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into thick, long strips
kosher, sea or table salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
1 cup (250 ml) pecans
6 garlic cloves
2 tbsp (15 ml) grapeseed oil
Honey Mayo Dipping Sauce –
1 cup (250 ml) mayonnaise
4 tbsp (60 ml) honey
4 tbsp (60 ml) dijon mustard
- Preheat to oven 425 degrees F.
- Season chicken strips with salt and pepper – a Ziploc bag works.
- In a blender grind pecans, garlic and oil into a coarse paste.
- Cover the chicken strips with the paste – press around meat until each strip is lightly covered.
- Place strips on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until done.
- While strips cook mix together Honey Mayo dipping sauce.
- Serve with sauce.