This sourdough discard cracker recipe works well with Almond flour and/or regular flours. Enjoy!
- 1 cup sourdough starter discard
- 1 cup Almond flour (or Einkhorn, Spelt, etc.) or combination of flours
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt (or another salt of your choosing)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4+ cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese and/or other herbs or spices of your choosing
- 1 small egg
- Coarse salt for sprinkling on top (before baking)
- Various other additions (optional) like 1/2 tsp garlic powder or other spices.
Preparing Sourdough Discard Crackers
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add butter, sourdough discard, egg, cheese and mix thoroughly in with dry ingredients.
- Use two large cookie sheets and cover with parchment paper (butter can be used almost like glue to hold the parchment paper in place on the cookie sheet).
- Divide dough between two cookie sheets and spread thinly to cover.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt of your choosing.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes then remove and score dough into cracker sizes you’d like (or leave until baked to break into pieces).
- Return to oven and switch the trays around so they are on different shelves and front to back is now back to front, etc. This will help ensure more even baking.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or so until the desired colour and crispiness.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cookie sheets to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for roughly 5 days. (Rewarm is a 300 degree oven for 10 minutes if you need to crisp them up.)