Easy, melt in your mouth Chocolate Shortbread Cookies. A twist on the usual shortbread for those who like chocolate – and they will LOVE these!
Ingredients for Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
2 cups (500 ml) butter
1 cup (250 ml) sugar
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
3 cups (750 ml) flour
1/2 cup (125 ml) corn starch
1/2 cup (125 ml) cocoa
1 tbsp (15 ml) cold strong coffee
Preparing Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly. Add vanilla and cooled coffee. Mix well.
- Combine flour, corn starch and cocoa. Add to butter mixture.
- Mold dough into two or three separate round thick disks on top of plastic wrap. Cover each disc separately with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll out into a flat circle about 1/4 inch thick, on a lightly floured surface. Cut into cookies with a lightly floured cookie cutter.
- Lay out cookies on baking sheets lined with parchment paper and place baking in fridge for 15 minutes to firm up cookie dough, so that it retains its shape while baking.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.