This recipe makes roughly 4 dozen Double Chocolate Chip Nut Cookies, made with coconut oil. The recipe can easily be halved.
Once baked and cooled, I put them in the freezer and pull them out as they’re needed. They can also be stored in the fridge or for a short time (a few days) in a cookie jar.
The cookies are delicious! They also have more goodness than most store bought cookies, and many homemade cookies.
Ingredients for Double Chocolate Chip Nut Cookies made with coconut oil
Dry Ingredients Mixture
2 cups (500 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup (250 ml) whole wheat flour
2 cups (500 ml) old fashioned oats
3 tsp (10 ml) sea salt
2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
1 cup (250 ml) white sugar
2/3 cup (160 ml) dark, unsweetened cocoa
1 cup (250 ml) chocolate chips
1 cup (250 ml) chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Liquid Ingredients Mixture
1/3 cup (80 ml) cold coffee
1 cup (250 ml) unpacked brown sugar
1/2 tbsp (7.5 ml) pure green stevia powder (equivalent to 1 cup of sugar)
4 tsp (20 ml) vanilla
2 cups (500 ml) melted coconut oil, slightly warm not hot
Steps to preparing Double Chocolate Chip Nut Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, including nuts and chocolate chips.
- Mix liquid ingredients list together, including green stevia and brown sugar, but not eggs, yet.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients (not eggs, yet), until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir beaten eggs into mixture.
- Take a tablespoon or so of mixture and scoop onto cookie/baking sheet. Then, slightly flatten with fork on cookie sheet. Leave some space between each cookie, as they will spread out more while they bake.
- Place cookie sheets in fridge until cookies (coconut oil in them) firms up. Roughly 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge and bake for 13 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from trays and transfer to cooling rack.
- When completely cool store in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer.
Makes roughly 4 dozen cookies.