This is a relatively simple cheesecake recipe – an old one with a bit of a new face (April 2011). I’ve made a few changes to make this even better. I thought it was good before but now it is unbelievably good. Truly!!
It has a creamy, light, flavourful and delicious taste that friends and family will love. And bonus, it is straightforward to prepare.
BASE CRUST – 1st LAYER
1 1/4 cups (310 ml) graham wafer or Oreo cookie crumbs
1/4 cup (60 ml) crushed pecans
1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
1/3 cup (75 ml) melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients and then add melted butter. Combine thoroughly.
- Press into 9″ spring form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool base.
2 – 8 oz (250 g) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup (125 ml) white sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon or lime juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat into cream cheese mixture before adding next egg.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat.
- Set aside for about 30 minutes to allow air bubbles to dissipate.
- Pour mixture over cooled base crust.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is almost firm. The middle will not be completely firm but will not be liquid either.
3 cups (750 ml) sour cream
1/4 cup (60 ml) white sugar
- Mix together sour cream and sugar.
- Spread sour cream mixture over top of hot 2nd layer when it comes out of the oven.
- Then return cheesecake to oven for 10 minutes – the sour cream will not look firm when it is pulled from the oven – it will firm up as it cools.
- Cool on a rack before transferring to the refrigerator to chill.
- Cake is best chilled for 12 to 24 hours before serving.
Serves 10 to 12