This is a relatively simple lemon cheesecake recipe. It has a creamy, light and flavourful taste that is delicious! Unbelievably good. Truly!!
INGREDIENTS – BASE CRUST – 1st LAYER
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) graham wafer or Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) crushed pecans
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) melted butter
PREPARATION – BASE CRUST – 1st LAYER
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- After mixing dry ingredients, then add melted butter. Combine thoroughly.
- Press mixture* into 8.5″ by 13″ rectangle pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool base.
*I use parchment paper underneath as this seems to make it easier to remove cut pieces cleanly.
INGREDIENTS – 2nd LAYER
- 2 – 8 oz (250 g) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon or lime juice
PREPARATION – 2nd LAYER
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat into cream cheese mixture before adding the next egg.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat.
- Set aside for about 30 minutes to allow air bubbles to dissipate.
- Pour mixture over cooled base crust.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is almost firm. The middle will not be completely firm but will not be liquid either.
INGREDIENTS – 3rd LAYER
- 3 cups (750 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white sugar
PREPARATION – 3rd LAYER
- Mix together sour cream and sugar.
- Spread sour cream mixture over top of hot 2nd layer when it comes out of the oven.
- Then return cheesecake to oven for 10 to 15 minutes. (The sour cream will not look firm when it is pulled from the oven. It will firm up as it cools.)
- Cool lemon cheesecake on a rack before transferring to the refrigerator to chill.
- The cake is best chilled in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
Serves 10 to 12 or more
Whipping cream can be added as a fourth layer, but it isn’t needed.