Full of good stuff. Double the recipe and make extra to freeze.
3/4 cup (185 ml) old-fashioned oats or quick oats
3/4 cup (185 ml) spelt whole grain flour (other flours work too)
2 to 3 tsp (10-15 ml) baking powder (baking powder makes them rise)
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) sea salt
1 to 3 tbsp (15 – 45 ml) sugar
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar AND 1 cup (250 ml) milk
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 1/2 tbsp (22.5 ml) vegetable or olive oil
1 cup or more of blueberries, fresh or frozen
Preparation steps for Blueberry Pancakes with Oatmeal & Spelt Flour
- Mix dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Combine wet and dry together. Set aside for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees F and lightly brush with oil.
- Pour about 1/4 cup (60 ml) of batter onto heated griddle.
- Cook until bubbles appear on surface and pancake bottoms are golden brown. Flip over and cook until done.
- Serve and enjoy with your favourite topping.
Makes roughly 6 pancakes.