A variation of Garlic Lover’s Caesar Salad … and my new favourite Caesar. An easy to prepare and tasty Caesar Salad recipe.
2 – 3 anchovie fillets
6 to 8 garlic cloves
2 egg yolks
1/2 – 3/4 cup (125 – 185 ml) olive oil
1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon
2 tsp red wine vinegar
1 cup (250 ml) vegan parmesan *
fresh ground pepper & salt, to taste
* I’ve recently gone dairy-free and am slowly removing dairy from all of my recipes. This recipe has NOT been tested with vegan parmesan yet.
- Purée all ingredients on low setting until dressing looks like a thin dressing.
- Cut romaine into bite size pieces, rinse in cold water and spin dry.
- Add enough dressing to coat romaine, finish by topping with shredded asiago or parmesan cheese.
- Toss and serve immediately.
Serves about 6 – 8