A spicy flavourful chicken dish. So simple to prepare. The cooking sauce will also work for roasting a whole chicken or pork roast.
2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
kosher or sea salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
Cooking Sauce –
1 cup (250 ml) cranberries
1/3 cup (80 ml) maple syrup
2 tbsp (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
1 tsp (5 ml) thyme, dried
1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts then place in baking dish.
- Mix ingredients for cooking sauce and pour over chicken. Make sure each part of the chicken has had sauce poured over it and that the cranberries are piled over top of the breasts.
- Bake chicken for about 9 to 10 minutes on each side. When you turn the chicken over spoon the sauce over the breasts again. If the sauce is drying out in the pan add a little water, to prevent the sauce burning.
- When the chicken is cooked through, transfer to plates and serve.