My mom introduced me to curry chicken years ago. This recipe is delicious served over a bed of rice! Easy to make and very flavorful . We enjoy it for two dinners and its even better on day 2.
2 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into chunks
1 large apple, chopped in chunks
1/2 red pepper, diced
1 medium zucchini, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp (15 ml) garlic powder
1 – 2 tbsp (15 – 30 ml) curry powder, mild or medium
1/2 tbsp (7.5 ml) cumin
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
3 tbsp (45 ml) Bragg or soy sauce
1+ tbsp (15+ ml) sugar
1/2 lime, juice from
About 2+ cups (500+ ml) chicken stock (or water – chicken stock adds a bit more flavour)
- Prepare ingredients as noted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Over medium heat, saute chicken chunks in a bit of oil in a deep dish frying pan, until all sides are slightly (not fully) cooked – about 5 minutes. Transfer to another dish and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute veggies and seasonings for about 5 minutes. Use a bit of the chicken stock to prevent veggies from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cover for part of the time.
- Add chicken to veggies, then add cream of mushroom soup, Bragg, sugar and lime juice.
- Slowly mix chicken stock in with the rest of the ingredients. Adjust seasonings to your taste as desired.
- Transfer the contents of the pan into an oven proof casserole dish and bake for about 30 minutes in preheated oven.
- Serve and enjoy.
Serves 4 – 6