Mashed potatoes with a bit of a twist – garlic! So easy and so good!
5 lbs (2.3 kg) red potatoes, cut into chunks for boiling
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prepare potatoes by removing all blemishes before cutting into chunks of similar size.
- Place potatoes into a pot of cold water with a pinch of salt (optional).
- Boil potatoes until they are cooked through, enough to mash – not falling apart but nicely cooked.
- Drain water and add crushed garlic, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper.
- Using a potato masher, hand or electric mixer, mash everything together until their are no lumps.
Serves 10 – 14