My favourite salad at Earl’s Restaurant is their Santa Fe Chicken Salad. This recipe is delicious, and my best attempt to copy their version.
This recipe was gleaned from looking at other recipes on the Internet, enjoying the Santa Fe Chicken Salad at Earl’s, and tinkering with ingredients. My husband and I love it!! I hope you do too!!
Enjoy it with the chicken, or without. It is delicious as a main course or as a side salad.
Peanut Lime Vinaigerette Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grape seed or peanut oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) crushed peanuts
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) almond or peanut butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soy sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large romaine lettuce, torn or cut
- 2 cups (500 ml) black beans
- 1 cup (250 ml) sweet corn niblets
- 6 pitted dates, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) goat feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) grape seed vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced to desired thickness
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cajun dry seasoning
How to Make Santa Fe Salad With Cajun Chicken
Preparing Peanut Lime Vinaigerette Dressing
Combine all dressing ingredients and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
Preparing Cajun Chicken
Heat oil in frying pan over medium low heat.
Add chicken slices and mix in cajun seasoning, ensuring chicken is well covered.
Sauté until chicken is cooked through, but not overcooked.
Preparing Santa Fe Salad
Layer salad ingredients, starting with Romaine, in individual bowls or in one master serving bowl.
Add and mix through salad sufficient Peanut Lime Vinaigerette salad dressing to coat salad ingredients evenly.
Top salad with hot cajun chicken and serve.
Serves 3 to 4 (depending on appetites)
Note: Amounts for salad are rough. Adjust as suits your taste.