These veggies are easy to prepare and delicious barbecued or oven roasted. The flavour of the zucchini, mushrooms, onion and asparagus together works well. Be sure not to overcook. The onions and the zucchini are best just cooked and still a bit crisp.
- zucchini, bite size chunks
- mushrooms, bite size chunks
- onions, bite size chunks
- asparagus or another vegetable, bite size chunks
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- garlic, crushed
- fresh rosemary, needles diced
- Prepare ingredients as noted.
- Mix veggies with enough olive oil to lightly coat each piece.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir thoroughly.
- Black veggies on top of a piece of tinfoil large enough to contain them and any juices that come out during cooking.
- Place tinfoil on top of a BBQ safe pan with a small rim, to prevent juices from running into BBQ.
- BBQ temperature should be high (450 to 500 degrees F) when pan is placed on grill.
- Reduce BBQ flame to medium low and shut BBQ lid during cooking process. Stir periodically to prevent burning.
- Serve as soon as the veggies are pulled off the BBQ.